Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy News! Congrats!

Happy Thursday my sweet friends!

Today I have happy news to share with you! My youngest son Jake received his diploma yesterday! This is huge for him. He made this really big decision to leave public high school (11th grade) back in February and finish his senior year through a private school. In just 3 short months he completed his courses and now has his diploma. He will be attending college in August.

Now, I know you're thinking, why in the world would we allow him to do this? Well, this child....er, um...young man has a plan and had it all worked out what he needed to do to accomplish this plan. His Daddy and I supported his decision and allowed him to follow his dreams a bit early! We are VERY proud of him and can't wait to see what he will learn when he goes to school in August. He is planning a career in computers...imagine that! LOL!

Okay, on to the card today! I thought this card was fitting in light of our good news!
I found this sweet little house mouse stamp in the clearance isle at M's and had to have it! I colored him with my Copic markers. That really cool black and white printed paper is more of my bill envelopes I've saved and upcycled!
The congrats stamp is a Kim Hughes stamp from the set called U R a Hoot! I also used my new Fiskars border punch along the bottom and added a few of my fun new antique buttons from Papertrey!
THANKS for visiting me today! See ya later! HUGS!

Pin It!

7 comments:

Willy's creations said...

so cute!

Hugs,Willy

Tracy said...

Great card DeeDee, fab recycling, you must get lots of bills LOL. Huge congratulations to Jake, you and his Daddy must be so proud of his achievements.
Hugs T x

Jaspere said...

This is absolutely adorable and how exciting.

Sharon Caudle said...

YAY JAKE!!!! I'm so happy for him, DeeDee!! Give him a big old hug from me!!

Your card is adorable! FABULOUS coloring! Crisp and clean! I love it!! YOU ROCK!!! Big hugs! I know you're floating on cloud nine with pride right now!! :) Love ya girlie!!

"Um Buggin" said...

DeeDee, First congrats to your Son, and to you and dad for supporting him on his decision. This card is just adorable. I have that HM stamp, and think is just perfect for a grads card. TFS

Hugz, xx

~L~

Regina Easter said...

oh wow, a man with a plan....hum he will go very far....congrats to him and this card is awesome....hugs

Curt in Indy said...

I am sooooo excited that you bought a HM stamp! And I'm blown away with your coloring of it! And your recycling of bill envelopes is pure genius! Congrats to your son too! You should be very proud, but then again, he comes from good stock! Best, Curt

My Cards